Nutanix engineers are creating a revolutionary technology, building the software defined data center. We’re using our love of programming and outstanding backgrounds to change the way companies virtualize their data center. At Nutanix, you’ll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas.
The MTS Developer position is an aggregate position for all back-end systems roles including (but not limited to) working on the core data path, platform deployment, data protection and replication, Linux kernel development. When applying for this job, you'll be automatically considered for our current and future developer roles. Lets match up our challenges with your skills.
- Architect, design and develop software for a converged computing+storage platform for the software defined data center.
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and design innovative solutions for customer requirements.
- Work on performance, scaling out and resiliency of distributed storage systems.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues.
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux or expertise in Windows
- Development experience in file systems, operating systems, database back-ends, distributed systems management, Cloud technologies or VDI
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed systems preferred
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation tradeoffs in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, Hyper-V, Xen. VMware preferred
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization and/or storage management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required. Advanced degree in Computer Science preferred